UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Just plain sick

Today was one of those days when I wish I lived near family. I woke up with some sort of stomach bug and felt like total crap all day, with a slight fever. Of course, I couldn't "call in sick" because I don't have any childcare alternative at the moment. That meant Cameron watched hours of TV today. He eventually became bored of it and tried to entertain himself. He got a kick out of putting Max's hamper over his head to make a "costume." He found his Star Wars life saber and told me that this is what he was going to be for Halloween...no matter that he can't SEE out of the hamper!!!!!

The only thing I managed to do today was feed the kids and get Max down for a couple naps (oh, and change a few diapers that incited my nausea). Below is what Max thought of the PB & J I made him. He just took it apart and smashed it all over his tray, eating none of it.

Thankfully Melvin came home a little early (4:15) to help out with the kids. He took them out to dinner. I tried to tell him to just order in, but he insisted on leaving. I pray it's not the disaster I'm imagining it will be with the two boys. We also had to cancel a weekend wedding trip to NJ.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger LH said...

Feel better soon.
the hamper costume rocks, btw.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Thanks lh!
It's 3 AM right now...I'm up, but hopefully I won't have a repeat of your night and I'll be able to go back to sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home