UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

NCLB strikes again

I read this article online about federal leaders willing to waive some NCLB restrictions...by way of adequate yearly progress and teacher requirements... for those schools who are taking in a lot of evacuees due to Hurricane Katrina.

I think it's quite pathetic that TESTING is their concern. What about discussing how we're going to help these kids and these schools...getting more counselors, aiding with more supplies, etc. Oh no, only test scores matter...right? Talk about leaving the child behind!

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Where did you read or hear about this? Dana

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Dana,

If you click on "article" it should link to the article I read.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger LH said...

Hey C,
I linked this to my latest post.
can you believe that they would even be talking about the test at this point?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home