UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Being Loved

My huband is a saint. Really. Today, he took all three kids to the State Fair. I didn't even ask him to, because my head was hurting so badly all day I knew I wasn't in any condition to bring my kids anywhere, let alone the statefair. But my wonderful husband took them, and I'm just so happy that he did this for them.

He continues to amaze me with his patience with me and the kids as we deal with all that has been so unexpected. He continues to remain calm, strong, logical and faithful throughout all of this.

AND, after his long day with the kids, he still sought out and brought me back some Sweet Martha's Cookies. I was truly impressed.

I truly cannot ask for a better husband.


Love Is Patient
Love is patient, love is kind.It does not envy, it does not boast,it is not proud. It is not rude,it is not self-seeking,it is not easily agered,it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evilbut rejoices with the truth.It always protects, always trusts,always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails. . . . And now these three remain:faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13:4-8, 13 (NIV)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Isn't it those moments we see our husbands with the kids (alone) that mean so much? I am sure the kids had so much fun spending the day with their daddy!!!

I hope you are able to get in to see a doctor this week and sort out all the meds and feelings! We are praying for you each and every day to get better!!

Take care- T

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Cari,
God bless Melvin! What a trooper and I bet the kids had so much fun with dad. I'm praying that you feel better soon and that the kids transition back to school goes well.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

We have been continually praying for you and your entire family throughout this whole situation. God has definitely blessed you with a wonderful husband and family (and friends)!

Never, ever doubt for a moment that you are loved! You are a wonderful person, how could anyone NOT want to be there for you! If all of us could, we'd be there, waiting on you hand and foot! Love & hugs!!

I John 4:11: "Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."

Proverbs 31:10, 28-29: "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all."

Love & hugs!!
Jaye

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Your husband sounds like a wonderful man. I'm sure he knows what a wonderful woman he married too. :-)

I'll bet the kids had fun at the fair.

I hope your head is feeling better now.

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel more like your self soon. Can you take your pills at night so the side effects can wear out at night. I would hate that spacy feeling. Take care of your self. God Bless you and your family. I Pray the Doctors can give you good news about the treatment. We all want one of gods miricals for you.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cari-
So sweet of Melvin- both taking the kiddos AND remembering the Sweet Martha's! Did he bring home the Tom Thumb doughnuts too? (My favorite!) Hang in there- lots of prayers as always,
Lauren

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that good we say that in school

 

Post a Comment

<< Home