UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I hope it stays together


Tomorrow I get my stitches out. ....I'm sorry, let me rephrase that. Tomorrow they pull these staples out of my head!

Despite everything that I've been through...I DO NOT DO PHYSICAL PAIN! Yeah, I know I've run a marathon and all...but I do that slow...it's not that painful for me. Now having sharp things pulled out of my head is making me want to vomit just thinking about it.

So tomorrow, at about 11AM, please think of me and send any kind of numbing powers through the air to my head. I know I will be in tears before they even begin. Can't they prescribe valium for something like this?

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

I had staples pulled out of my head after my bike wreck. A doctor friend of mine smuggled a staple remover kit and did them at my house. They mostly did just pinch (which wasn't too bad), but sometimes he grabbed my hair and it hurt like hell. Since you are getting yours done at the hospital and they shaved most of your head, I really don't think it will hurt that bad at all. Good luck though!!

-scott

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger jkhenson said...

You're in my prayers!!! :) Just think of all the prayers being said for you instead of the pinching! :) Or the hugs being sent your way!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son had staples in his head after being hit with a hockey stick. I remember him saying it felt like a pinch. Hang in there!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger KC said...

you can do it! thinking of you!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger momo said...

i think you're gonna be just fine. although - are they sure they're ready to come out? why did doctors always tell us stiches had to stay in for weeks??

hugs, cari - i'll be thinking about you tomorrow at 11, sending you be strong vibes!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Well, we have this thing called a Republican Convention downtown in StPaul next weeks and everyone wants to avoid it...which is of course where all the hospitals are...so we're just trying to get this procedure out of the way before all mayham breaks loose. Damn republicans!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

You can do it! Just hold onto the knowledge you can shampoo when they are out! Woo!

Though I have to agree, when I had staples after having my oldest for some reason the thought of them bothered me a lot more than stiches did. Kind of wigged me out, but the worry about them was much worse than the removal itself. It felt more weird having them removed, not really hurt.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger mi said...

Can they give you a topical anesthetic to make it easier? Good luck!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

We love you!

Dayna, NyCee and Tyler

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger LH said...

Okay, 11:00. On it.

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cari,

word of advice. do NOT be in downtown St. Paul next week. trust me.

-scott

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your stiches...look at the bright side - YOU GET TO WASH YOUR HAIR!!!! - Just think how good that's going to feel!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home