UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thankful

Tonight I decided that despite all this anxiety, uneasiness, dizziness, fogginess and confusion floating through my head, I just really need to take a moment and be so incredibly grateful to just be alive right now! I mean a little over a week ago my brain was exposed. Any kind of complication could have occurred, leaving me lifeless. But through medicine and the healing powers of Jesus, I am here today. And I really need to relish in that fact.

I made it to church today, and it just felt good to sit there and let the music just wash over me. I must admit, I have no clue what our assistant pastor was talking about half the time today, but I just felt God's presence and needed that sense of peace for the small amount of time that I was there.

After this holiday weekend, I'm getting myself on the phone to whichever doctor I'm supposed to be linked with now and we're going to figure out what's going on inside this head of mine. Surely this isn't some permanent condition, and we're going to figure it out...we are. Because I need me back.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

You'll be back - I can even hear in your post tonight.

Hang on.

As always, thinking of you.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger LH said...

Yes you will. I am just finishing up a good book about a woman who had brain surgery after a stroke. It's called Stroke of Insight and she's an IU prof. Brain surgery is BIG STUFF!!!
Love 2 u kiddo, L

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaiah 43:16-21 (The Message)
This is what God says,
the God who builds a road right through the ocean,
who carves a path through pounding waves,
The God who summons horses and chariots and armies—
they lie down and then can't get up;
they're snuffed out like so many candles:
"Forget about what's happened;
don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.
It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert,
rivers in the badlands.
Wild animals will say 'Thank you!'
—the coyotes and the buzzards—
Because I provided water in the desert,
rivers through the sun-baked earth,
Drinking water for the people I chose,
the people I made especially for myself.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger cg said...

Yip you will be back, I am sure about that. Your desire to heal will help your healing

we love you

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

I have been reading your blog (without posting) for the past year as I underwent treatment myself. I was diagnosed with Stage 3C breast cancer on September 7, 2007 and gave birth via c-section to my baby girl on Sept 13th and had a lumpectomy on Sept 19th (what a week!) I found your blog through Jodie (Detroit) and you have unknowingly been a guide for me through chemo and radiation (you were always two weeks ahead of me in the game)
Your humour and spirit have been uplifting through all of this craziness and I just know that you will get through this latest challenge.
My family has had the year from hell (we lost my beautiful 7-year-old nephew in May during my treatment) but through all of these challenges we have rallied and grown closer and celebrated each morning for the new day it presents.

Life IS fragile and such a blessing and I just wanted to let you know that you have touched me and helped me this past year and I am here for you now if you need anything.

Much blessings and positive vibes being sent to you from Canada!

xo Dana (dana@rmauctions.com)

PS went skydiving two weeks ago and "jumped back into life" I highly recommend it when you are ready!!! Watch my video posted on youtube - just search for "brezzi skydive" and you can enjoy! :)

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, This is no small thing that you are experiencing, buy you are bigger than it. Love, Connie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home