UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Moving along.

On to the next item of my Fight Breast Cancer To-Do List.

I finally received a call from my doctor's office about my radiation schedule. I start next week. On the 13th I'll have some x-rays done. On February 14th, I'll begin the actual radiation. What a way to spend Valentine's Day!

Unlike chemo, which lasted for a few hours, radiation only takes a few minutes. But it's every day (minus weekends). I will have 28 scheduled appointments.

The side effects include mainly skin irritation...like a sunburn...and fatigue. For some, their skin blisters, but my doctor assured me that they wouldn't let that happen.

So, we'll see.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I know you will be so glad when you are done with it all. I will be happy for you too.

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

Still praying for you, that your side effects are minimal to none. Keep the faith, Baby!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home