UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

3rd Opinion

Still looking for a chemo choice to stop/kill this cancer.

Spent last week tapering my steroids, and now the doctors want to raise the dose. They're hoping this will take pressure off the spine and possibly allow for some mobility. Now this also means I'll be hungrier. And when you're on steroids, your face gets all puffy. I'll look like a balloon.

I've been very tired of watching repeats of HGTV, Bravo,Food Network,etc. I mentioned to my husband that for some reason I was interested in watching Little House on the Prairie......one of my favorite show growing up. So he bought me the entire series. What a sweet guy.

My cousin Richard took this picture
http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/4621113.php?

I Peter 2:21-24 "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Maddy said...

The search and research continues I see. So glad that a casual remark brought about such swift wish fulfillment, if only everything could be 'fixed' so easily.
Best wishes

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger connie and rob said...

Little House rocks!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

We love the books! I want to take the girls to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Days someday... Now I have to see if the library has the DVD's as you have got me thinking about it. Such a great show!

I am hoping the pressure will get better on your spine. As for the extra hunger - well, I think that's a GREAT excuse for snack time! Make sure it's chocolate!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger JJ said...

I loved Little House when I was a girl. The gift set is perfect. Enjoy.

I am in Philly and saw that picture of the Bacon Bros. How very cool.

Praying for you daily.

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Lisa Como said...

I haven't commented in a while and wanted to let you know we are still thinking about you and praying for you. And I agree, Little House is the best!! I was definitely a Laura wanna-be growing up.

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous C. Hoens said...

So did the Mayo Clinic give you any better answers, or just to keep increasing the dose of steroids? Believe me, I know the side effects of that stuff...I was on it for 15 years to control my asthma and I hated every second of it...but it did save my life! As a child my mother would read Little House on the Prairie to me and my sister. I always wanted to be half-pint! We have started a prayer chain at St. Peter's University Hospital for you, Melvin, and your family...Just stay the course and don't lose hope!

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Marta Gilbert said...

Cari,
Although I haven't commented for a while, I want you to know that you and your beautiful family are always in my prayers and thoughts.

Marta

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Still praying for you. I like Little House too.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I used to watch that everyday after school. So good!

Did you ever check out www.peopleagainstcancer.org ?
I don't know much about it other than my friends mom w/ stage 4 pancreatic cancer has had great recommendations and help from them. She has been comfortably living with her diagnosis for 3+ years. Might be worth checking out.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I wish it would have worked out for us to get together this week. I miss you!
So sweet of Melvin to get you the DVD. I loved Little House growing up too!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Cynthia Hoens said...

All of us at Saint Peter's in NJ have been glued to your blog. We have been smiling and laughing over the great pictures of the kids and Melvin as well as praying for you. You, Melvin, and your children are in our prayers every day.

"You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

- Christopher Robin to Pooh

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger TRUTH SHARER said...

There is something about Little House on the Prairie that sooths the soul. I think it must be that we see the very hard times they struggled through - and they made it!

Praying for you Sweet Cari!

Hold on to Jesus! He's got a tight grip on you!

Love ya, Stephanie

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Your husband sounds like such a peach.

I get my tv fix at graboid.com. It's five bucks a month and well worth it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home