UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, May 22, 2009

chemo


I'm sitting here getting chemo right now. This is now a weekly event. They give you all sorts of premeds so you're not nauseous or anything. This does involve involve Benydryl, so I do get very sleepy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in really nice room with a private TV. The Food Network, HGTV, Bravo, and ABC usually are my channels of choice,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you walk into a doctor's office, and everyone who works there knows your name....I'm not sure if that's good customer service, or if I'm just at the doctor's way too much. Both I'm sure!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI If you're commenting on my blog, and you're not a regisatered user, I cannot respond to your comment. Blogger will not let me. So please don't think I'm ignoring your message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Deuteronomy 31:8, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (NIV)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger KC said...

gosh, these kids are cute. and happy birthday, cameron!!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Suzie said...

Cari-
I hope you and your family are having a great weekend with Cameron's birthday and all. The pictures are awesome!!!!!
My thoughts and prayers have always been with you since the very start of things. I remember when Lori told me you had received your Masters' degree and when you had class you dropped Cameron off with Melvin at the clinic and Lori played with him. Even though I never wrote you, Lori and I feel like we are right there with you.
I hope the chemo wasn't too terrible yesterday. You are a gift.
Warmly,
Suzie

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Your kids are adorable. It's great you can use the internet while taking chemo to help pass the time. Still praying for you.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Keep your faith, always! You can beat this, and you are not alone. I'll add your name to my prayers lists, and will hope the best for you and your beautiful family. Stay strong!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I hope this weekend finds you enjoying your family and sunshine
too:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home