UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cameron's First Day of 2nd Grade

Today was a MUCH better day. It was as if all that pressure that had been building up in my brain finally let loose, and I could actually start to think again. I still experienced some headaches, but nothing like I had been the past few days. I wasn't feeling as dizzy or as anxious. (But I also managed to stay far way from Target!). Staying around the house and resting today really did the trick. Your prayers are working! THANK YOU!

Cameron had his first day of school today. Poor kid had to deal with my negligence! I hadn't gotten around to getting him a haircut yet, so he struggled with trying to make it look like something other than a birds' nest.

This is the nicest thing I could get him to wear today.
Max and Ella were excited to see him get on the bus. Here he is with his friend Patrick, his bus buddy and classmate again this year.


And finally, here he is getting on the bus with his big heavy backpack. Like I said, I was somewhat negligent this year in that I didn't send him to school with his supplies until the first day. So needless to say, he had a very full and very heavy backpack. But hey, at least he did have all of his supplies, gym shoes and all.

Here's to a wonderful year in 2nd grade Cameron! Love ya kid!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO cute! Be happy that he let you take so many pictures. My girls (12 and 15) reluctantly allowed me to take one. I just love the start of school. Happy that you had a much better Tuesday than your previous days. Hope that you continue to feel more like yourself. Love, Debbie Cip

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari....Cam is getting to look like a little man!!

Love, Dana

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Cameron and Patrick - future lady killers. What cute pictures. I thought Cameron's hair looked great.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger LH said...

Go Cameron! Go Gophers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home