UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Interview Blues

You know why I like to write....because I can EDIT!

Which is why I don't really like speaking so much...especially when you're put on the spot and expected to come up with intelligent answers...like in an interview...because you can't go back and change anything.

All you can do is play over and over again in your mind all your dumb answers and what you should have said instead.

Obviously, the interview didn't go as well as I would have liked. It wasn't really bad, but I just felt that I fumbled over a lot of my answers and I just didn't feel prepared for such in depth questions for a library assistant. I've always come out of my teaching interviews feeling incredibly good and confident....once I've landed the interview, I've always gotten the job...but I didn't feel that sense of victory this time around.

Oh well, I'll find out Thursday, when the middle school director is supposed to call me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Oh, honey, I hear you. I love to be able to edit. If only I could do it with my mouth... I totally replay the "better answer" I could have said...

Of course, you know it always seems worse in your head than it really was in real life, right?

Let us know when you find out. We are all rooting for you and praying for you.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger mi said...

I'm so there with you. This job hunting phase sucks. I hope the next one goes better, and you leave with your usual confidence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home