UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Growing Up...I guess



Max HATES doctors. If you even mention something about possibly having to see a physician sometime in the far distant future, he'll start balling his eyes out.

But for some reason, when I told him that he was going to the ear doctor....and assured him that he was not going to get a shot...he was fine with it.

For the first time ever, he entered the office and let the doctor do what he needed to do without me having to hold him down and constantly wipe away massive amounts of tears. My big boy sat right up in the doctor's chair and let the ENT look for "little bunnies" in his ears. No drips from his eyes...not even any whining.

It seems his right tube is about to fall out...which is what needs to happen. But the left tube is in there quite firmly. The doctors don't like for tubes to stay in more than 2 years. So we're going
to check again this summer. If the tubes haven't fallen out, they may need to be surgically removed.

I was quite proud of my little Max. But we'll see how he reacts when he has to have a physical later this summer, and he DOES have to get a shot. I think I might have to purchase some earplugs (for me and the entire office) to get through that appointment.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home