UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's a start

Here it is a new year and I got to use my hairdryer today!

No, not for my hair…don’t think I need a dryer for ½ millimeter of sparse hair growth.

I used the dryer to help expedite the melting of the ice that formed in the back of the freezer when our water valve broke and apparently leaked H20, which of course turned into ice, coating the back of the freezer with about 6+ inches of the frozen stuff!

So for most of the day I had the privilege of emptying the refrigerator and freezer, cleaning out every drawer, shelf and wire basket, and now trying to make this damn ice melt.

I want to get it to melt tonight so that all my refrigerator food does not freeze, as it sits in the cooler outside in….well…below-freezing temps.

In addition to my fridge duty, I began the year:

* Ignoring, but still putting up with, this sinus infection.

* Getting in an argument with my husband about the initiative I don’t take around the house.

* Dealing with a very crabby, feverish 2 year old.

* Consoling an injured 3 year old who pinched his hand, removing a tiny patch of skin on his palm, while playing with some Cub Scout flashlight contraption

* Allowing my 6 year old to play Playstation for way too many hours.

I hope this first day is not an indication of how the rest of my year is going to be. I’m going to try to look at it as getting the bad stuff out of the way first to make way for all the wonderful days ahead!

Hey, at least I'll start the year with a clean fridge...a VERY clean fridge at that!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

A sparkling clean fridge- I'd say that's taking initiative around the house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home