UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I can't believe I'm posting this picture!

My hair is starting to grow back.

I mean it must be coming in pretty fast.

Because a couple days ago, while walking around the Mall of America, a guy at one of those carts came up to my sister and I, not once…but twice…asking us…

if we wanted our hair straightened or curled.

Does it look like I’m in need of any kind of styling device?

9 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I guess it proves you don't need many brain cells to work at a mall kiosk. I think it would've been hilarious if you'd pulled off your scarf and said "Yes. I'd like it curled please."

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger KC said...

that story really cracked me up, cari. did you even bother with a smart remark? and also, who agrees to let those guys style their hair? sometimes i see people in the chairs, and i wonder what they are thinking.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! Isn't it amazing how people open wide and insert a foot in the mouth?

Glad to see your humor is back and back with a vengence!

We love you. :)

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Andrea. That must have been some wig you were wearing. Apparently, brains weren't included with the straightener (or curler). You should have gone up to any people that were sitting at the kiosk, pulled off your wig (or scarf), and said, "Get up quickly! See what they did to me!" LOL!! Just kidding!

I love the picture! You're the BEST!
Love & hugs!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

I was wearing a scarf. I didn't say anything, just kept walking because well, that's just me. But I thought of a lot of great things to say later on...typical.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

You are hilarous! And you have such a great sense of humor. Glad to hear your hair is beginning to grow back. Hooray!!

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like your DAD

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Now I know my dad's hair is thinning...but not that bad!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I can't tell if your hair needs styled but something must be done about your tongue. LOL

You are beautiful with or without hair.

I admit I was stupid enough to let one of the girls in the mall try the hair straightener thing with me, but it's just because I'm awful at saying no. Sad I know. She was plenty ticked when I refuse to pay a mere 250.00 for a hair tool. I have my nerve, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home