UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

A brief exchange


I love everything about Christmas….especially Christmas decorations. I love to see everyone’s houses lit up and all the special holiday displays in and outside of the house. Tonight I even took the kids on a tour of some of the extravagantly lit houses in the area.

But sometimes there’s this pressure to have everything look too perfect.

So when my Mom’s Spiritual Spa small group decided to do an ornament exchange, I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit and see who could have the WORST wrapping of their ornament.

I really thought that with my ornament adorned in a diaper and duct tape, I would win.

However, my British friend Libby wrapped hers in a panty liner box.

I think the vote was unanimous. Those darn Europeans…have they no modesty!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Cutest ornament EVER!! I want one - where did you get it (or where did the person who gave it to you get it)?

Too funny! Panty liner box - VERY resourceful!

You'll be getting our card soon - have to get the pictures out of the shop today, then decide which one we like best, yada, yada, yada....

Talk about being last minute! Oh well....

Love & hugs!
Jaye

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Jaye, That was the ornament I brought. I got it at Hallmark. They're all sold out on their online site...but you can probably get them in the stores.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

That ornament is the most adorable I've seen! Our tree is blue and silver this year, but I'd find a place SOMEWHERE for one like that! Cute, cute, cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home