UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Like a Mack Truck

Can someone please explain to me why my son seems to think that with three adults in the household, I am the only one who can make him his instant oatmeal breakfast? And at 6 AM?

I finally made him wait until about 6:30, when I had had enough of his whining in hunger, and I managed to crawl out of bed and get him his grub. By then my mom and husband were up, and thankfully they sent me back to bed.

Obviously I was feeling my chemo today.

I slept in for a couple more hours before I made my way downstairs just in time to see my mom take Cameron out to the bus, while the other two hung around inside.

A couple hours later I crashed once again, for about an hour or so, waking up very hungry. After some food I decided that I needed to get out of the house and at least walk. Well, I ended up running/walking for about a half hour, and I felt really good. But after my shower I felt weak again.

After finding a thermometer that I was pretty sure hadn’t made its way up any of my kids’ butts, I took my temp. It registered 99.5…so slightly higher than normal, but nothing that a little Tylenol couldn’t cure (100.5 is the temp I’m supposed to call about).

The rest of the night I felt pretty tired and weak. Yeah, I’d say chemo has hit. But this fatigue should dissipate in a couple days.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, sweetie, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day! I hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Hugs to you - rest and recover.

Hope you feel better today. Walks in cool crisp air are nice (especially if they are quiet walks).

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

be sure to take it easy on yourself, girl. thinking of you this week, as usual. I've even been offering up a few hail marys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home