UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Surprise...I'm coming home!

Tonight my husband was supposed to be moonlighting. That meant that he’d go straight from the office, to the hospital, and not be home until sometime tomorrow evening.

I was home all day with the kids today, and by 5:30, I HAD to get out of the house…no matter what shape the house was in. So we headed off to the mall to the food court, where they also have a play area for the kids.

On my way there, I called my husband to see if he wanted me to pick him up some dinner and drop it off at the hospital. But he informed me that he switched call with someone, and he’d be coming home. I guess my response was less than enthusiastic, because he asked me why I didn’t seem happy that he was coming home. But how could I when I knew that:

The kiddie pool was sitting on the front driveway filled with water and toys.
There were wet towels hanging over the rocks in our front yard.
The kitchen table was filled with scattered papers, markers, coloring books, tape, etc.
The movie room contained many of the kids toys, that are supposed to remain in the toy room….and I wasn’t even sure if I had turned off the projector.
The hallways all had loose articles of clothing, toys, books, etc.
The kitchen sink and counters were filled with dirty dishes.
The clean laundry was still piled in our bedroom, unfolded.
My “get a job” papers were scattered all over his office floor with my laptop hooked up to the cables that were supposed to be in his computer.

I couldn’t SOUND happy, because I knew that when he got home, he certainly wouldn’t BE happy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yet... all of the makings of a happy home. All of our houses are in disarray at some point but... just ask Dorothy... There's no place like home.
Roz

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Roz.............I am in total agreement.
Mary Beth

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all like a tidy house, but when it comes to kids toys, i just smile. What it sounds like is that those three had a LOT of fun... and hey, as long as the kiddie pool doesn't have algea in it i'm sure that it all would make Melvin pretty happy himself!

Gwen

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Alright - now I am seeing a pattern. Let me guess, you have a handful of little kids and it is impossible to get anything done (even if you have a bit help on the side, if I remember correctly).

I am right there with you - my house is a disaster within minutes of the cleaning lady leaving - toys everywhere, dishwasher not yet unloading, dishing piling up ... I stress about it constantly. Just remember, when you have an empty house how bored you will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home