UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Focused

Yesterday evening, the kids and I took a trip to Target so that Cameron could use some of his "credit cards" from Christmas. He chose two Star Wars Lego ships that would require major assembly. I explained to him when we arrived home that it would be too late to put even one of the ships together, as it was almost bedtime. He was not at all happy about this because the next day he was assigned to be the leader in class, and if you’re the leader, you get to bring something to show to the class. No matter how hard I tried to convince him to bring in the drum we brought him from the Bahamas, he wouldn’t budge and insisted that he wanted to bring his new toy….put together!

I told him that if he woke up tomorrow morning, did everything he was supposed to do without a fuss and was all ready for school, if he had extra time, we could work on putting the Star Wars ship together. He felt this was a doable option.

The next morning, Cameron came into my room, completely dressed, teeth brushed, bed made, all ready to work on his new toy……at 2:OO AM!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

That is too funny! My question is, did you keep your part of the bargain?

Love,
Auntie Nita

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's hilarious. reminds me of myself when i got tired of spending my morning getting dressed for school...so i just slept in my clothes.

- scott

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cam is too funny! He must get that goal-oriented trait from Max. When he sets his sights on something, he will not stop until it is accomplished.

His father was the same way when we were kids. Like father, like son.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

I made him go back to sleep. At 6 AM he was up and raedy to work. He worked by my bed for over an hour while I slept. But eventually he needed my help. We finished it in time for school....except of the 116 pieces, there were a few left over...not sure where I messed up, but oh well!

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the pirate ships ? I can be there in about 6 hours.
Granny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home