UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Costumed Cuties

I’m not Martha Stewart….not even close…thus the title of my blog. But lately I’ve had this thing where I’ve had this slight obsession of having my kids “coordinated” somehow. Just last Sunday I had them all wearing brown tones. And at Easter I had the entire family dressed in green. Last Christmas I donned them all in Santa suits for a picture, and last Halloween…well, if you were a reader of my blog then, you might recall my nationwide search for a Yoda costume so that Max would coordinate well with Cameron’s too large Darth Vadar outfit.

After last year, I vowed not to find myself in the same situation. I wasn’t going to even attempt to coordinate all three costumes. But when those catalogs started arriving in our mailbox as early as August, the gears in my head started rolling. They could all be farm animals….but I knew that Cameron wouldn’t go for that….he wanted to be a ninja. Well, then they could all be Ninjas…but I didn’t want to promote the violence that goes along with such a costume. Then I had the best idea...all three kids could be super heroes! They had the cutest little Flash costume that would be perfect for Max. But then I couldn’t find any infant Wonder Woman costumes. Plus, the prices in the catalogs were beyond ridiculous (up to $99 for those from Pottery Barn kids!).

Finally, I decided on going with my original plan…which was no plan at all. One day I just loaded all the kids into the minivan, and we took a trip to Walmart. I told them they had to find a costume that day…no matter what it was. Cameron still wanted to be a Ninja, but once we told him no weapons, he decided that wasn’t a cool costume anymore. Max found his immediately, and insisted on wearing it right there in the store. And I found the cutest little outfit for dear Ella. All from Walmart…all under $20

7 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your kids are super cute. They could totally be models. Look at that Elmo, a cuter one does not exist.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Great job Mom! Did they have fun trick-or-treating?

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute crew!!! Cameron so handsome as a superhero, and MAX is glowing in his glory for his choice and Ella is the cutest spider I have ever seen. Smooches for all.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max and Ella are going to be sooooooo mad at you when they get older for pushing this picture on the web. Oh well, just one of the perks of being a parent.

Too Cute!!!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

gayle, after the night and morning I had with him, right now I'd pay you to take him!!!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

Thay are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not sure how to had pics to my blogs, Did they have fun--Trick or treating!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger mi said...

Cari,
They are adorable. I totally wanted to coordinate my kids. Six costumes shops and a wasted weekend later, I put Fillip in charge. We had an adorable Spiderman and, well,....a ninja. Good on you for just letting it go and letting them pick indidual themes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home