UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Sleepover


A few weeks ago, Cameron was invited to spend the night at someone’s house. I said YES, without any hesitation. I like the boy, I like the boys’ mom, and they live right across the street from us. Plus, Cameron’s 5 year old whining and constant negotiating had been driving me crazy! I was more than happy to send him out of the house for the night.

When I told my husband, he was upset that I didn’t consult with him first. He said that this was our son and having him sleep over someone’s house is a decision we should be making TOGETHER! Nonetheless, Cameron was out the door that Friday and we didn’t see him until the next morning.

Yesterday, my dear friend Libby (Ben’s mom) invited Cameron for a sleepover this weekend for the night we’re having a party at our house for Melvin’s nurse. Perfect, I thought. Cameron would love it! The first words out of my mouth were, “Oh that would be wonderful!” But then I quickly remembered Melvin’s lecture from the last sleepover invitation. So instead of making the plans right there, I told Libby I’d have to consult with my husband first.

That night I was able to reach Melvin by phone, as he had been working late, and when I asked him if he thought it’d be okay if Cameron spent the night, he responded with “I don’t care, whatever you think. If you think it’s fine, then sure.” His tone noted a slight annoyance as if he didn’t understand why I had to ask his permission to do so.

Sigh….and they say women are confusing. I beg to differ!

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Your husband must be related to mine. :P

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know what you are talking about. When NyCee and I were in Michigan, Boonie told me that she wanted NyCee to spend the night. I jumped at the chance. Later that night, I told Lewis that she was spending the night with Boonie, her aunt, he went crazy! Of course, I let her go but he lectured me the same way. What is it with men?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home