UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A full plate

My upcoming week:

On Friday night I leave for San Francisco, and on Sunday I’ll be running 26.2 miles in the Nike Women’s Marathon.

On Monday evening, I take the “red eye” from California back to Minnesota, getting in at 6:30 AM. (I feel like a movie star saying “red eye”).

On Wednesday, I’ll have my graduate class again, where I will have to have had the following homework completed: read and write reflections on 2 chapters, create some sort of chart to organize all my journal articles (which I still have to do research for), and write critiques of 3 of the articles. Not sure exactly when I’ll be doing all this.

On Saturday, we’re having a goodbye party at our house for Melvin’s nurse….who has been with him for 5 years, and knows how to “handle” him. This means a whole bunch of people in our house for the first time…which means it will need to be spotless, pictures hung, light bulbs replaced, etc. Oh, and I’ll have to have food for everyone (which will mean I’ll have to arrange catering…because, well, I don’t cook).

Nothing much. A little cross country flying. A little running. A little reading, writing and researching. A little cleaning. A little partying.



Oh yeah, and at some point I have to be a mom.

Anything else anyone wants me to do next week?

8 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you stop by the A-T-L on your way back from Cali and whip up a homemade dish from scratch before going home to MSP?

Just kidding! Have a great time at the marathon.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does the nurse "handle" Melvin?

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lives sound exhausting....what ever happened to a good nap during the day??

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger KC said...

GOOD LUCK! at the marathon, Cari!!!

I can't wait to hear how it goes.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger mi said...

Well, remember to have fun with all of that! I hope the nurse's departure doesn't mean Melvin will expect you to "handle" him more. You don't have time for that. ;)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Okay Lanette...you're plate is MUCH fuller! But you're a strong piece of corning ware...I'm just a cheap flimsy paper plate.

I didn't run either.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

That would be great if you could host a movie night with 20 kids under the age of 5 and a freezer chicken assembly party for our spa group. We will be praying for you on Sunday - Enjoy the run!! Whatever that means?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger LH said...

i'm excited about your race.
sending fast, fleet, thoughts your way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home