UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Not sure what's going on

The stars just aren’t aligned right…or something.

When Max woke me up at 5:45 this morning, demanding a drink, I should have just turned over, hid under the covers, and prayed that I’d disappear, just for a while anyhow.

As I ambled down to the kitchen, I soon discovered that we were out of two morning essentials….any form of coffee, and milk. Lack of the first item led me to be groggy and irritable all morning. And it wasn’t until I left the house for Cameron’s 9AM soccer game was I able to sip my morning vice….a LARGE (I refuse to say “venti”) Carmel Macchiato from Starbucks.

But not having milk was worse. Lack of this dairy product meant that I was not able to turn on the TV, pour the boys their cereal and milk and head back upstairs to sleep a little more until Ella decided she wanted some attention. In order to feed the munchkins, I actually had to whip up some batter and cook some pancakes. I even ended up making pancakes and eggs for my husband.

My unusual domesticity continued through day as I made some apple crisp and some sweet potato soufflé, both from scratch, both somewhat time consuming.

I’m not sure what’s wrong with me. I think the winter blues are settling in early.

5 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! To make anything from scratch requires a high five.

Care to come to the A-T-L and make us breakfast? I am sure that my husband would appreciate it as his current morning dietary intake consists of cereal and milk in a bowl.

Lately, I have not even had the energy to cook dinner. I am soooooooo lazy!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh my, I've been the same way. Dinner has been a joke....chicken nuggets, hotdogs, pizza, or whatever Melvin picks up on the way home. I'm not sure why I'm in this dinner funk. I just can't think of anything to make!

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the fall weather. As soon as it hits I turn into some sort of freakish baking mutant, and I already am a freak in that area. It's very frightening. I am sure there is a support group for exuberant fall baking syndrome.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would be nice if your MOM obtained those wither time blues. APPLE CRISP is the best!!!!!!!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger mi said...

Aack. Those mornings without coffee or milk suck. Nice recovery though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home