UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Snoozing

On my first night away, with the Atlantic Ocean right out my door, I slept from 11:30 pm to 8 am, with NO INTERUPTIONS!!! I did not wake up to go to the bathroom. I did not wake up to get Ella a bottle. I did not wake up to Max insisting he watch Diego at 2 am. I did not wake up to a pager going off. I did not wake up to the telephone ringing because I couldn't wake my husband to answer the pager, so now the hospital is calling him directly. I slept, slept, slept!!!!! The next night I also slept, slept, slept...until my husband called at 8:30 to ask me what I was doing!!!!

It was wonderful. I miss my kids and husband. But it sure was nice just to sleep. I have a 6:30 am flight to catch tomorrow morning, so I will get no such slumber tonight. It was nice while it lasted.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Girl of Approval said...

You deserve it. :)

Hope you had fun and that you can maybe catch some zzz's on the plane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home