UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Weekend Away

I’ve been feeling REALLY bad lately. It just doesn’t seem fair that I have the wonderful opportunity to spend every day and night with my 3 kids, and my dear husband works so hard all day and often doesn’t get home until after 8:00, thus having little or no quality time with our 3 little munchkins.

So I decided this weekend, I would give up my sweet children and let my husband hang out with them, and have their love, affection and more all to himself.

And just so I wouldn’t be tempted to come home and take the kids’ time away from their Daddy, I decided to go really far away….to the Outer Banks. There I’ll be torturing myself by doing a 20 mile training run, and the rest of the day I’ll be so sore and tired, the only thing I’ll be able to do is sit on a beach all day.

It’s a huge sacrifice on my part, but one I’m willing to make for the benefit of my husband.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger mi said...

Well, as mom's we just have to make these sacrifices.

Have a fantastic weekend!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger LH said...

Taking one for the team. V. admirable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home