Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

First day.....finally

(Written on Friday, September 8th)

Was Cameron excited about his first day of Kindergarten?

This morning, in my slumber, I heard him come bounding into my room, fully dressed, socks and all, teeth brushed, waking me up to ask when the bus was going to come. It was only 6 AM.

Yes, he was definitely excited. And I was just as excited for him.

I took all three kids outside to the bus stop, which is directly across the street from our house. While there, I noticed that the zipper on Cameron’s brand new Superman backpack was zipped closed, and yet the spokes were splitting. I finally got it all aligned , but knew it was going to immediately split again. Great, first day, right before the bus comes, and his backpack is broken!

When he finally boarded those stairs and drove off, Max started crying…not because Cameron had left, but rather because HE wanted to go on the bus, also. “I go bus TOO!” he kept yelling. Finally, once he calmed down, he must have asked me 10 times in a row, “Where Cameron go?” “On the bus to school Max..” “Oh…Where Cameron go?” “On the bus to school Max. To Kindergarten.” “Oh….Where Cameron go?” etc, etc.

While inside, I think he finally figured out that Cameron wasn’t coming back, and he needed to make friends with his other playmate.

When Cameron returned home, we waited for the bus again, and this time I wanted to video tape him. As the kids scrambled down the bus stairs, Cameron was not coming off the bus, but rather running down the hill alongside the bus, grinning. He said that his friend Patrick got of the bus at a previous stop and he saw his mom, so Cameron thought that was his stop as well. Apparently it didn’t matter that my husband lectured to him AT LENGTH about where he was supposed to get off the bus…directly in front of our house and nowhere else but in front of our house.

Along with forgetting his bus stop, Cameron also forgot his lunch in his locker.

Max greeted Cameron by running up to him and bopping him on the head (I even have this on tape).

Cameron said he had a great time at school and was excited to tell me that he had music class and there was a calendar for me in his folder. Although, he also told me that the first thing they did was color, “and that was boring.” At recess they had to play on the “boring” playground. And the “boringest of all was gym class, where all we did was talk and stretch.

Apparently it wasn’t too boring, because when I told him the next day was Saturday so he didn’t have school, he moaned and asked, “But why don’t we have school on Saturday and Sunday?” And then he immediately wanted to know how many more days until he gets to return to school.


At 11:24 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Congrats to Cameron AND Mommy!! The first day of Kindergarten is a big step for the BOTH of you. :) Glad to hear it was a success.


At 11:41 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

Yea! Let's pray that things don't stay "boring" for Cam!

At 3:59 PM, Blogger KC said...

Go, Cameron!

That kid is going to love school, i just know it! :)

At 7:18 AM, Blogger LH said...

I love first day stories.
Everyone I know has a bus ride snafu too!
Happy School Year, Cameron!

At 2:00 PM, Blogger mi said...

Aw, everything about that is cute!


Post a Comment

<< Home