UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Liar. Liar. Pants on fire.

Now that Cameron is in school, Max has been spending a lot more time with Ella lately. Sometimes this is good, like when he runs to tell me that Ella has paper in her mouth. And other times…like when he’s yanking toys from her hand, pulling her down by her neck from a standing position or sprinkling milk from her bottle on her head...sometimes, it’s not so good.

But today, as I was cleaning up from breakfast, I glanced in the family room and saw the two of them sitting nicely together looking at books. No screaming or yelling. Just the two of them getting along, peacefully.

But what actually was happening, was that Max was flipping through a Dora board book that contained pictures hidden under flaps. He was quietly tearing off each of the flaps. There must have been about 20 different flaps lying all over the floor.

This infuriated me, and I got right down on his level, made him look me in the eye and said sternly, “Bad boy Max. You do NOT tear books. That is very bad.”

He simply looked at me like I was completely mistaken, stood up, picked up one of the flaps and claimed, “Ella did it!” Then he pointed to some more and continued blaming his innocent sister, “Ella did it! Ella did it!” with each flap spread out across the carpet.

If this is any indication of what is to come…I am in big, big trouble!

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari....You were in trouble the day Max was born!!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger mi said...

Hayden tears the flaps off too and it makes me so mad! He is ridiculously honest though and well "fess up" to anything. It's really not in his best interest.

Max is such a character. It is annoying to have a ruined book, but at least they were getting along!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home