UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Chemically induced states

Lately, I’ve had a lot of work to do. Trying to juggle my grad class work, an extra presentation I had to do, the newsletter I’m doing for my Mom’s group, the Mom’s Spiritual Spa reading work, running for marathon training, playing with my kids, hanging out with my husband, writing my blog and “the dailyness” of everyday, has been quite a challenge.

I have Sara many days so that I can do some of the above mentioned items during part of the day, but often I don’t really have the time to buckle down for long periods until night time, when the kids are in bed. Unfortunately, by the time I put the kids to sleep, I too am completely exhausted and just want to crash.

But I can’t.

So my routine of late has been to put the kids to bed, brew some coffee, and start my work for the next few hours. The caffeine wakes me up and helps me focus tremendously. I’m amazed at how much I can get done.

But then it gets closer to midnight, and I must try to get some sleep before I’m woken up at least once by Ella and once by Max, usually between 2 and 4 AM, and then aroused awake for the day between 6 and 6:30 AM, usually by Cameron. The problem is, the caffeine from my coffee is still in full gear.

So I turn to wine to help counteract the caffeine, calm me down and help me sleep.

I wonder how long I can keep this up, because it really is working. However, in the back of my mind I know that this CANNOT possibly be good for my body.

3 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh goodness - I can't even imagine focusing past 9pm little alone mixing the benefits of wine and caffeine.

Hats off to you for somehow finding a balance - school, running, fundraising, kiddos - yikes that is a lot.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger mi said...

Thanks for the advice!

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just reading that is soooo totally exhausting....I know I could not do all that. I would crash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home