UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Maturity

This past weekend my husband was out of town. Usually this means extreme stress for me as I try to deal with having the kids all to myself, all the time. Often the hardest part is trying to figure out how to pass the time with 3 kids that differ in their ages and abilities, with the least amount of destruction and crying as possible.

It turned out to be okay, however. Cameron spent the night at someone’s house on Friday. We went to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening, at the last minute, Cameron went around to all his friends’ house in the neighborhood and invited them to movie night at our house. ALL of them came….8 kids total. (Their parents must have been thrilled to pass them along), and except for Max clobbering a kid and another kid hitting Cameron, all went quite well.

Then Sunday was the best of all. Ella got up around 5:30. I gave her a bottle and she quickly went right back to sleep for several hours. Max and Cameron woke up early, but once I poured them their cereal, they were set for a few hours. I took advantage of this and returned to bed, and wasn’t woken up until 9:30, when the men working on our deck came to the door (I’m sure they thought I was a complete slacker mom as I answered the door in my robe, rubbing the sleep from my eyes).

The best part was later that day when all the kids were awake and playing. As I was preparing lunch, I overheard Cameron say to his brother, “Max, you have to share. Even though Ella is not sharing with you, she just doesn’t understand, and that doesn’t matter. You still have to share with her.”

My heart beamed, as Cameron joyfully came in to tell me that he was teaching Max how to share. He then picked up a broom and insisted on sweeping the kitchen, pulling out the chairs from under the table and everything.

If I knew he would be like this all the time, I might even consider home schooling him.

JUST JOKING! I would NEVER do that.

But it sure was nice having such a responsible, caring son around the house acting so grown up.

Maybe he actually is learning something in Kindergarten.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you say Max was CLOBBERING another kid....not just hitting them.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger mi said...

If the Kindergarten teacher is teaching Cam to clean, who cares if he can read! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home