UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Oh, to be five again.



My friend Libby was telling me about a conversation she overheard between my son Cameron and her son Ben. They were talking about what they wanted to be when they grew up. Cameron said a doctor. When asked why, he replied, “Because they make lots of money.” But then he went on to explain that if you work in a store, like at the cash register, then you make even more money!

Ella has had a lot of gas lately. I have no idea why this is happening to her, but it is funny to hear such sounds coming from the prettiest little girl. Yesterday Cameron, Ella and I were hanging out in the family room on the floor. Suddenly, Cameron and I started to hear these little putters. We both looked at each other and then at Ella, who had the silliest little grin on her face, and Cameron and I just started cracking up, as Ella continued to putter little air pockets for a good minute. When she was all done, and Cameron was able to control his giggles, he said, “Mom, that sounded like fireworks!”

The other day Cameron asked me if I had lost all my little teeth, and I told him yes. Then he asked how much money did I get for them, “Like how many dollars?” he inquired. Oh no, I told him. I didn’t get any dollars..more like dimes and quarters. Actually, the most I ever got was 35 cents. He looked somewhat pensive. Then he said, “I wonder if you brush your teeth really well and they get white and shiny, I wonder if the more shiny they are, the more money you get. Like ten dollars, or eleven, or twelve or maybe thirteen. I really think the tooth fairy is one of those “lies” we should just never start telling.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Ella and NyCee are truly related because NyCee has gas like a truck driver. Like Ella, she will look up and grin at you while she is expelling the gas. They are too cute at this age.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Maybe cashiers do make more than doctors when you factor HMO"s and student loans into the equation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home