UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

No shopping at this mall

Previously the heat had kept us indoors. Yesterday, it was the rain. This morning the downpour continued, and I was not about to subject my house to yet another day of Max's destructive play. My back has actually been sore from constantly picking up and sort toys into their proper place.

Today we decided to go to the Mall of America to visit the Dinosaur Walk, which, surprisingly, we've never been to. I'm pretty sure we've left our mark on the rest of this local icon, so it was only fitting that we visit this newest attraction. Of course, I couldn't just take my kiddos, but offered to bring 2 of Cameron's friends. It was me, Ella, Max, Cameron, another 5 year old and an almost 5 year old. What was I thinking? you might ask. Basically just trying to pass the day without looking at the laundry piling up in my closet or the dirty dishes resting in the sink, or the pile of junk papers I still needed to sort through, etc.

We survived the trip, and only had a few difficult moments, one including Max's interest in toilet water while I changed Ella's diaper. The Dinosaur Walk was actually quite entertaining and kept the kids quite busy.

Searching for fossils was one of the highlights of the day.
Even Ella got in on some sand action...although she was more interesting in putting it in her mouth than searching through it for dinosaur bones.FYI: Nothing can capture a boy's attention like a shark. Even Max sat glued to his seat watching this massive creature and his enormous teeth (I have no idea why this was in a dinosaur display...but it was good for about 20 minutes of cooperation).
I lectured them beforehand that we were there to see the dinosaurs, NOT to go on rides. However, they couldn't risk a peak at the action. Three manly boys holding hands...some great blackmail for their teenage years.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger mi said...

What a fun day! I love that the boys were so moved by the sight of the rides that they had to hold hands. Very cute to see four boys, all sitting still together watching the shark. Yeah, I'm filing this all away for future excursions.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Your daughter is so adorable in her little, striped pants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home