UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Surgery Success

Max's surgery seemed to go very well yesterday. The doctor took out some scar tissue (or something like it) that was causing blockage in the tube. He informed me that no matter how many drops I tortured my son with, they would not have solved the problem. So the decision to "go back in" to fix the problem was justified.

Like last time, our experience with United Children's Hospital Day Surgery Center was incredible. From the time we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated with such wonderful care and concern. Max had fun with all the toys before surgery, and only complained 2 times that he was "hungy." When he woke up from the tube replacement, thankfully he was not in complete hysterics, like he was last time for over 30 minutes. He just was sniffling and snuggled up so close to me, as they lay a nice warm blanket (straight from the dryer) over us. I could have stayed like that all day with Max, as he gripped onto me, breathing deeply, clinging for my comfort. A wonderful moment......But that only lasted about 15 minutes before he was ready to go play again.

At home, he was his usual self, running around,as if he was in denial that our day began at 4 AM. However, he did take 2 naps today, once even falling asleep on my lap. Again, another wonderful moment.

And last night, for the first time in probably over a month, he actually slept through the night. No waking me up 2, 3 or 4 times for "bottle milk," "teltubbies," "se-ee-al," or "waaader."

And today, he was back to his usual self....insisting that eating breakfast on the floor was much better than feasting at the table.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, messages, phone calls and prayers. It's so wonderful to know we're surrounded by such caring people!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes....God took care of Max once again. Maybe you will be able to sleep from now on!!

Love, Dana

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

It is great to see Max as his joyful playful self. I pray that no more surgeries are required. I hope you had a great night sleep.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Beautiful little sleeping boy.

I love that pic.

I'm glad all went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home