UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Plugging

Just wanted to plug a few websites here. One is by a good friend. One is a relative's. One is a stranger's. But all are good.


Angela's Kitchen Blog www.angelaskitchen.com

My friend Angela has food allergies, as does her daughter. Actually, I've met many people lately who have food allergies. Despite having to eat food that's gluten free, casein free and dairy free (which would include anything with milk, butter, wheat, etc.....meaning bread, cake, beer!!!!), Angela has discovered and created recipes that substitute for these ingredients. In addition, she's incredibly creative, and makes gfcf cookies, like the adorable ones above. Her site is going to include recipes, shopping lists, and company websites.

Simply Phenomenal Treasures www.sptreasures.com

My husband's cousin, Shalynne Barr, creates jewelry and has opened her own business. She's a stay-at-home mom in addition to being a business woman. Her jewelry looks beautiful and for hand-crafted creations is reasonably priced. I recently visited a craft fair and could not believe how much they were asking for beaded jewelry! She also has men's and kid's jewelry, in addition to handbags.

Vegan Lunchbox www.veganlunchbox.com

I am in no way a vegan. But I just love looking at this site because the lunches look so yummy! Each day, the author posts a picture of what she packed her son for lunch and gives his opinion of each item. I can't imagine Cameron eating anything besides Peanut Butter and Jelly next year, but I might sneak in a few of these goodies.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I want one of those bento lunch boxes quite badly.

I love Angela's sight.

That jewelery is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home