UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Boredom Buster

I’ve confessed before that although I am a Reading/Writing teacher, I do love my TV. After my Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy and Apprentice ended, I felt a strange void. The kids would be in bed, and I found myself so bored, that I even resorted to cleaning up the kitchen. I know I should have taken advantage of the forced cease of my addiction by actually reading some of the book son my Want to Read shelf, or finish some of the educational journals I had started, or logging in some extra miles on the treadmill. Should is the key word here.

But I can now say with enthusiasm that I have a new show to look forward to. Fellow blogger A little leeway has tried to encourage me to watch Project Runway, but I never could remember which station was Bravo. But while on vacation, I happened upon a marathon of last season’s Project Runway. Now there’s how to watch a show…all in one day. I only picked up on the last three, but it was enough to get me hooked. Fashion, drama, odd individuals, beautiful clothes, unique challenges, deadlines, etc. And following the repeat of last year’s episodes was the beginning of this new season. What an assortment of individuals.

Wednesday evenings I now have a date with the TV. It’s not too late to join me on this mindless pursuit of entertainment.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger KC said...

ahem. i do believe i also encouraged you to watch that wonderful show. credit where credit is due???

kidding, of course. this season is GREAT so far, but I did love seeing Heidi's maternity outfits last year.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh, sorry! kc also encouraged me to watch!!!!

I almost cried with Milan when he was kicked off last night. Sure his dress was UGLY, but still. With the story of his mom throwing his sketches on the ground....how could one reject him again! I fear he'll commit suicide or something!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger KC said...

i know, poor malan. i felt very sorry for him. i was hoping angela would get the boot.

you should check out this website: http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/

it has lots of good dirt on the show.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodness you watch horrible TV!! there are only two shows to watch in the entire world.

Law and Order
and
My Name is Earl

that's it. nothing else.

-scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home