UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thank goodness help was on the way

Yesterday was one of those days when I thought to myself, "Why in the hell did I chose to be a Stay At Home Mom?...It's not doing me or my kids any good." Nothing incredible happened...I just literally spent the day picking up after everyone, and the house was still not right when we all went to sleep. My patience was non-existent and the "fun" you're supposed to have with your kids consisted of more angry screams and tantrums than laughs....from both kids and adults.

But today I had a break with our "nanny" Sara here. I caught up on some e-mails, ran 8 miles, created some dinners at Super Suppers and went grocery shopping....alone. I felt more complete, more like a person. I felt more like a good Mom when I hung out with my kids for 4 hours before she came (they woke up at 6 AM), and less like a Maid. I was able to juggle 3 kids at a track meet in the evening without feeling the anger fester over whenever Max would scream No and run away from me because he, too, wanted to run the races on the track.

Today I had a break...and now I can face tomorrow with a bit more energy and happiness than yesterday.

If you can afford the help....put down your pride and get it!

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Cari--
Do not forget to take time for yourself. I know that I am a new mom but I have already recognized that is an important piece to maintaining your SANITY!!!!

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad Sara is there for you. Uncle Terry always asks about you and if you have gotten some help. I told him the good news this week end and he is happy for you. Thank God for those "angels" in our lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home