UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

changing my mind

Last night I took the boys to Club Just Jump for Family Fun Night. It's an indoor place with a bunch of inflatables to jump on and slide down. Cameron had his birthday party there last year. As I was standing there holding Ella and watching the two boys, I was thinking how it would just be much easier to just have the party here again. I ran this idea by Cameron who just kindly said, "No, I want my party at my house." I tried to convince him otherwise, but he wouldn't change his mind.

Today I had some friends from my Bible study over to play and have lunch. Three of the kids who came over are Cameron's age and will be invited to the party. There were some other little ones there also, closer to Max's age. And all of their mom's were there.

I enjoyed having everyone over and loved the company, but just came to the conclusion that having TWENTY 4, 5 & 6 year olds at my house...WITHOUT their parents there just is NOT going to happen.

As soon as they left, I called Just Jump to see if they had any openings for Saturday, the 20th. They don't. But they do on Sunday, and earlier that week.

No negotiations...Cameron WILL be having his party at Club Just Jump again.

8 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger Suse said...

You didn't mention a couple of posts ago whether you liked Pride and Prejudice? I saw it recently for the first time and enjoyed it, despite my first reaction being 'why on earth did they bother,they couldn't possibly beat THE English version from a few years ago'.

Thanks for visiting my blog recently! Your children are beautiful :)

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to make that important executive decision. Good choice!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice!! Or you would have to send an invitation to your cleaning lady....and you would have to pay her to be at the party!!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Suse,
For the most part I liked it. I'm a sucker for romance, and period pieces. I just didn't think they did a good job of helping us understand why in the world she would like him when she first expressed an interest. I was glad that I finally did get to see it. Watched some of Tristan and Isolde last night...then fell asleep...my normal routine. It was okay...the part that I saw anyhow.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

good heavens, TWENTY kids!! That was your first mistake : )

hey, you're the mom, you're paying, have the party where you want.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

I know, I know, 20 is too many. And I keep trying to justify it to myself...My latest is that we live away from family, so we don't get to go to many big family things that most people do throughout the year..so we let him have his birthday big......Do you buy it?

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I'm glad you made that decision and will stick with it(you are the Mommy!). He will have fun, no matter what he says right now. You don't want 20 children using your furniture as their substitute "jump for fun" inflatables. And, you won't have to clean up after them (like I mentioned a few posts back).

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and no, I don't buy the rationale, but whatever's clever - again, though you're paying for it, you're not paying for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home