UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Getting along

Yesterday while I was running, a girl and boy, probably about 7 and 9 ,were racing their bikes, and I caught part of their conversation.
"I so beat you by so much!" laughed the boy.
"No you didn't!" screamed the girl. "You didn't touch the flag."
"No way, I didn't even know we had to touch the flag. I beat you fair and square."
"Uh-uh!" she continued.
And then I lost track of their argument as I jogged away. I did hear her scream and cry really loudly, and then their parents, who were walking further back, rounded the corner. I saw the look on their faces and the mom rolled her eyes as if to say, "Goodness, what ridiculous thing are they arguing about now?"

It made me think that I will soon be dealing with these kinds of arguments. You know...really important ones.

I was fortunate enough to enjoy my own cooperative children at the park. Max was doing everything Cameron was, even climbing some ladders that he shouldn't have been attempting. But Cameron was right behind him, helping him up, and they both cheered with true sincerity whenever he made it to the top. Then Cameron would run in front of Max, yelling, "Come on buddy! Follow me, buddy!" Max would ignore him and run whichever way he wanted, but Cameron didn't mind.

It was the cutest thing ever. And all went well, until the whole fists full of rock eating incident I commented on yesterday.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya know, about this whole rock eating thing. anthropologists have traced rock eating back to primates who took long arduous journeys to munch on specific rocks that supplemented their diet with needed vitamins and minerals that lacked in their all foliage eating habits. doctors today have pointed out that kids who eat dirt and rocks are instinctually trying to supplement their diet with needed vitamins and minerals as well. just what are you feeding those kids? :)

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, this is carlos i was just wondering where are the pictures of me you said you were going to put on the website. bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home