UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Close up

After 4 months of "looking" for my digital camera, I finally decided that it was lost for good, assuming that Max probably did deposit it in the trash when I was not paying attention to him, and I broke down and purchased myself a new one.

I almost did not receive this camera that I ordered from Amazon.com ($30 cheaper than in the stores) because for the past two days, unbeknownst to us, our mail carrier has been depositing our mail and delivering our packages to the house next door to us, which is currently unoccupied. Luckily, I glanced over there today and saw my box sitting in plain view of anyone sauntering by.

I spent a little more money than I intended for some extra features. But now I can sit at my kitchen table and take this picture.

Or I can sit in the exact same spot and take this picture:

Now that's a good zoom lens!!!! Coffee anyone?

4 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Blogger Bec said...

Excellent zooming! I've been on the verge of buying a new camera since christmas but every time I get close something else takes priority! I've been surviving with our four year old freebie digital and it's driving me nuts...

thanks for visiting - i love finding other three-child bloggers!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger mi said...

That is so cool!! What camera did you get?

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

I purchased the Kodak Easyshare Z740 5MP with 10x optical zoom.

On Amazon.com it was $264.99. In the store, it was $299.

I guess Kodah has an even better one that just came out, but this one should suit me just fine. Now I must find some time to actually read the manual to figure out all that it really can do.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Ohhhh!!! Camera! Now, there is something I absoultely love! :) Have fun with the new toy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home