UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Time needed

One of the hardest things about being a mother of 3 is that you never feel like you give each child the adequate time they deserve. When Cameron wants me to color with him, I end up spending my time stopping Max from eating the crayons and tearing his papers. When Max wants to cuddle up on my lap to read a book, I have to nurse Ella. And Ella spends way too much time just sitting or lying around merely because she doesn’t hang on my leg like a vice grip as the others often do.

This morning, after I gave Cameron some cereal at 6:30 AM, I tried to sneak back to sleep while he watched cartoons. However, Cameron decided that today, the TV actually didn’t matter to him. He came bouncing in my room, and in the sweetest sing-song voice ever, right up to my face, he quietly asked, “Mommy, can I spend some time with you?”

I wanted turn around and pull the covers over my head. In my mind I was going over all the reasons why I should just turn on the TV up here and let him spend time just cuddling next to me while I snoozed. Ella had me up too much last night and I needed more sleep. His daddy was out of town, and I needed all the rest I could get. I had a clogged milk duct (again) and was in a lot of pain. But before I could utter any excuse, he continued softly, “Please can I read some books with you?”

My mother guilt kicked into high gear. “Of course, honey,” I mumbled and he trotted off, bringing back a handful of books.

So this morning, when I could have slept in a little longer (and I really did need to), I needed to spend time with Cameron even more. And so we read books…(even the three shark ones that I really wanted to surpass considering the fact that we’re going to Florida next week, and the thought of sharks along the gulf coast makes me shudder).

3 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly Cari....you are blessed by Cameron wanting to spend time with you. That is so sweet....Today Chelsea said that she WANTED to go to the mall with me...and I was excited that she wanted to spend time with ME!!...That was short lived though, when her friends called.

Dana

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

And i'm sure she wanted you to buy her something, too!!!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

I understand completely. And do exactly what you did...sigh.

The odds of being eaten by a shark are way greater (it's less likely - do I have that right?) than being struck by lightning or being in a car wreck.

Just call me Little Miss Sunshine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home