UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Chocolate Revived

I've waited long enough. I now have nicer weather, and a gym membership with childcare. I have no more excuses. So in order to jump start my running routine, I registered for a marathon. Not just any marathon, but rather, the Nike Women's Marathon. I figure that if I'm going to torture myself for a 4th time, I might as well receive a Tiffany necklace in the end. And having a Chocolate mile and a Pedicare station along the way swayed me a bit, too.

Now that I'm actually training for something, I WILL be posting on the Chocolate: It's Why We Run blog that has remained dormant for the past month.

So if you have any running/workout tips, motivational quotes, marathon workout schedules to discuss, share them at the chocolate site.

And if you want to run the marathon, it's almost full, so you have to sign up ASAP.

Happy running (I did 6 miles today).

4 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Do I get a Tiffany necklace too?? Well, thats an incentive to train!!

Dana

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, when we went to see "Wicked" last week in Philly, to kill time we went into Tiffany & Co.....what an experience!!

Dana

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Instead of finisher's medals, you get a Tiffany necklace..cool huh?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

I'm theoretically training for a 10K right now. It's pretty much all theroretical at the moment.

But you go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home