UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Are you hungry?

Why in the world would anyone invent tissues, which are never around when you need them....if you can just pull up your shirt collar and wipe your boogers there. 4 year olds are geniuses!

On another note, today, Cameron was tired of waiting around for us to make him lunch and decided to take matters in his own hands.

While I was giving Ella a bath, he made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...ALL BY HIMSELF. He even figured out how to twist open the new squeezable jelly to take off the white tab before he could use it. And his sandwich looked perfect, cut into perfect fourths. However, the kitchen didn't look perfect, with an entire loaf of bread out of its bag, peanut butter returned to the pantry without a lid and sticky stuff everywhere.

But the best part is, not only did he make himself a sandwich, but he made one for Max, too. Since Max was napping, he even put it on a plate and wrapped it in foil until he was awake.

However, I'm glad he stopped there and didn't make me one, too. Knowing where this four year old often has his hands, I don't think I could stomach a Peanut Butter, Boogers, and Jelly sandwich.

5 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, sounds like Cameron is holdng true to his promises when you first got pregnant with Ella. "I will help you Mommy"! And he is doing a great job at it!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger cg said...

I love your kids!! I am sure they must drive you to drink somedays but I think they are gorgeous. And I waited with baited breath to hear all about your trip. I even told a friend of mine that 'another friend of mine' was flying with three little kids...yikes a challenge worthy of a medal any day

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger mi said...

What an independent little man!! I know grown men who won't make their own sandwich. What a tremendous compliment to your parenting that he was thoughtful enough to make his brother a sandwich too. What a sweetheart.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

And today while Max, Ella and I were napping, he made us all "presents" (pictures he wraps up in too much tape). Yea, when he's well-rested, he's a keeper!!!

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like life! I can imagine, because my little Joe-Man is already "helping himself" to what he wants... I need to get a glue gun or something.

Now whether I use it on him or our stuff is the next decision...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home