UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Portrait of Insanity

Today started out just marvelously (read with sarcasm).

I was sitting on the bathroom floor leaning up against the shower door, in a robe, no makeup and my hair half-dried. Ella was in her bouncer fussing, Max (who has a fever), was crawling all over me screaming at me to stand up and walk around with him. Cameron was nagging me to get him breakfast.

Melvin was getting ready for work and just turned to me and said, “You look like one of those pictures in a magazine.”

Oh boy, which one? Cosmopolitan? Glamour? Vanity Fair?

“What are you talking about?” I asked him, wiping Max’s boogers off my shoulder as he continued screaming.

“You know, those pictures where the woman looks like her kids are driving her crazy.”

At least he noticed what was happening. So when I do end up in the Loony Bin…well, he can’t say he wasn’t warned.

3 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger cg said...

Cari

Sounds like you are having a tough week. Me think you need a personal treat or something to remind you how beautifull and special you are. Hope Max feels better soon and that he does not give his bug to anybody else

regards
cg

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, after I got off the phone I had a flash back of the day you were experiencing. Glad Sara was able to babysit and get you out of the house, even if it was for errands. Hope today is a better day. Love you.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger mi said...

Cari,
I just came across your blog via FacingSingledom.blogspot. I feel your pain!! My boys are 5 months and 23 months, and an hour doesn't go by that isn't chaos. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home