UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Distracted..or maybe just Dumb

Having 3 young kids can be downright distracting. So distracting that yesterday I called my husband and left a message on his cell phone. Well, this is what I thought I did.

Later that day, I picked up my own cell phone and saw that I had one new message. Enjoying the opportunity to preoccupy my mind with something other than a screaming toddler, I quickly ran to the living room to find an illusion of silence so I could listen to the message.

You can probably guess what I heard...my own voice...leaving a message for my husband. Now it's not odd that I called my own cell phone, since our numbers are the same except for the last number, but to hear my outgoing message in my own voice and not realize that it was my own phone I was listening to and not my husbands?!?!?! Now that's just pathetic.

I think I need a vacation...alone...or at least with my husband and no kids. That opportunity won't be occuring anytime soon. Next week he's going away for 3 days for a funeral, will be back for 1 day and then will be out of town for the entire weekend for a conference.

I'll need to call some friends to help me keep my sanity....that is, if I can figure out how to use a phone correctly.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

The first thing to so is........the mind!! Hope you are not losing yours!!

Love ya, Dana

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't call me, I'll call you! :) *hehe*

We'll help you get thru the time when hubby is gone...that's what friends are for, right?

Love ya!
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home