UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Desperate Measures

Getting 3 kids (all under the age of 5) and yourself ready before 8 AM is one huge juggling act, usually involving having to deal with one crying child after another. And sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to pull it all together.

So when you're nursing your infant at the same time that you're putting on makeup (interesting visual isn't it), and your 1 1/2 year old is screaming at the top of his lungs, tugging on your legs so you'll pick him up, a lollipop will do the trick...at least for 5 minutes. Who cares that it's red, who cares that it's only 7 AM in the morning, and who cares that your husband will probably flip if he finds out. It buys you some time, and that's just what you gotta do.

3 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fast thinking Cari..........you gotta do what you gotta do.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was thinking the EXACT same thing....you gotta do whatever works!! And when you have to ignore your teenager when they insist that they are NOT getting their teeth fixed when the dentist says....so be it!! Love, Dana

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Julie Anna said...

Your story reminded me of a time I lived in a thin-walled apartment with my two young boys, having just separated from the evil-ex. I was a wreck, kids were upset, and the 2 year old cried a lot, especially in the mornings. Because a)he missed his dad b)he was 2 and c)it was morning. One day I came home to find a nasty note on my door from the young women next door who asked if I could make the kid stop crying in the morning, that it was disturbing them. Yeah. Right. I wish I'd thought of lollipops, but then the kid had enough dental issues already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home