UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Tasteless Flavor

I was rather fatigued today. I shouldn't be...both boys slept through the night and Ella only woke up once. But I didn't go to bed until after midnight. What kept me up you might wonder. Was it baskets of clothes that needed folded? Was it the disasterous playroom that needed cleaned? Was I reading the latest and greatest YA novel? Was I addressing all the envelopes for Ella's birth announcements (obviously rather late)? Oh, no....nothing so ambitious as any of that. What kept me up was....

FLAVOR FLAV!!!!!

I have admited before without much trepidation that I am a reality TV fan. But I must admit that I am quite ashamed about the fact that I am hooked on what is probably the worst Reality TV show ever. This show is like the Bachelor, except the "prize" is Flavor Flav. So each week on VH-1, I watch these scantilly clad, very young, mostly beautiful women, fight for the love of an old, ugly, twig-like has-been rapper. It is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Yet I'm glued to the set, entertained by how vicious and pathetic these women are.

It should make me sick. I should immediately turn the channel based on my self-respect as a women, just as I do whenever I come across anything with Howard Stern. But instead, I tune in every Sunday night (repeated on Monday if I miss it) to witness this ridiculous spectacle.

I think this semester without a graduate class is going to lower my IQ.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari-
I am ashamed to confess, but Blake and I became hooked on FLAVOR FAAVVV as well. It's just so comical and some what pathetic. Oh well, at least I am watching the show and not on it.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger LH said...

i've been ridiculed at my house for my viewing of the bachelor. i may have to scope out flavor favv as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home