UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Private plumbing

Last night, my husband, son Cameron, my parents (who are visiting from New Jersey), and I went to the Timberwolves game against the Indiana Pacers. I grew up in Indiana, so we thought it would be a fun game for us all to see. We were mistaken. Although it was nice to get out, the game was quite boring.

HOWEVER, Cameron had some entertaining comments during the game. Out of the blue he turned to me and yelled over the noisy crowd,
"Mom, do girls pee out their butt?"
"What?" I asked in disbelief.
"If they don't have a penis, what do they pee out of?"
Not wanting to have this conversation in a sports arena seating thousands of people I quickly diverted his attention back to the game.

The question didn't surprise me, but I was trying to figure out what sparked such a curiosity in the middle of an NBA game. Suddenly it dawned on me that it must have been the scantily clad cheerleaders who decided to treck all the way up to the nosebleed seats to "dance" for us. Their skirts were so short and tight, you couldn't think of anything else but their butts.

I'm just happy Cameron's only thought right now about the girls was about peeing. But we might have some trouble when he's a teenager.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger cg said...

Oh my, little boys will always be little boys. I think you have the most gorgeous three little kids ever seen! Enjoy your family and never fret about the less than perfect house. Just make memories as those are the only things that will last.

Thanks for visiting my blog and thinking about me in one of the most difficult stages of my life. cg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home