UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's his birthday

Dear Cameron,

Seven years ago today I held this little baby in my arms...not sure what to think or feel. I remember the nurse handing you to me, with your boisterous screaming, and I thought to myself, "Okay. Now what am I supposed to do?" You were a very active baby. We have video of the nurses trying to weigh you, and you actually turned over!

Now that you're seven, you're still as vocal as ever, especially when you have some idea in your mind. You are very persistent. And active? Always. You're becoming quite the sports fanatic, watching every NBA playoff game this year, and catching the final scores on Sports Center in the mornings. Yesterday when watching a kid's fitness video, you shreiked with excitement when you got to do push-ups. And your running endurance is most impressive for a first grader.


You continue to do very well in school, and it's great to see you reading chapter books all the time. And lately you've been really interested in reading Bible stories. You're also quite the writer, continually penning journals and stories in school that are pages long. You also are a wonderful teacher to your brother and sister.

Lately, you've been very helpful around the house...emptying the dishwasher, cleaning up toys that aren't yours, hanging out with Max and Ella.

Other interests...2 main ones...video games and Pokemon! I especially like watching you play Guitar Hero. And your Pokemon card collection is growing out of control!

I must say, I like this age of seven. It suits you well. And I look forward to seeing you grow and mature in the years to come.

I could go on, but since your usual rising hour is 6AM, I better get myself some sleep.

I love you!

Love, Mom

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Cameron!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Oh, my gosh! It is hard to believe that Cam is 7 years old. I have pictures of him when he was about 9 months old. He sounds like he is maturing and growning into quite the young man.

Happy Birthday Cam!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

AAHHH so sweet, Mom.
Happy Birthday Cameron!
Mitchell & Levi's mom

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I need to keep a calendar of birthdays.

Happy Birthday Cameron! See you in July.

Scott

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

I is 1 year and 2 days older than my first baby.

I am so happy you thought six was a great year, and seven is looking amazing.

Happy belated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home