UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Say it ain't so!

Yesterday was my best day yet, in terms of energy and just feeling great and normal.

But last night was my worst night in terms of pain from my headaches. Not even the Percocet did anything to take away the pain. This is the first time I was brought to tears it hurt so badly.

I will be visiting with a neurologist sometime next week. And during the following week, I'm going down to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester to get some 2nd opinions about treatment options. I'm hoping one of these doctors can address my headache issue.

My husband thinks the headaches were so bad because I had a glass of wine last night and that I really should not drink anymore wine. SURELY there's another explanation. If not....um....um...I just need to remain speechless on this issue right now.

Update: Good news...I had more unbearable headaches last night. So what's the good news? That means it wasn't the wine causing them...hey, gotta look for the good somewhere!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. There is no searching of His understanding. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe, Pray, Have Hope. There is no alternative. Never give up on God’s ability to deliver you from this painful ordeal. When Jesus and His apostles are in the boat and a storm kicks up and winds are thrashing the boat about, the apostles become frightened and they wake Jesus. He calms the storm and asks them, “Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?” Instead of focusing on the hurt and the pain, focus on Christ. Rest your eyes—on Him. Cling to Him. Put your trust in Him. He is a merciful God and wants us to bring our requests to Him, so I will ask God: Please, Heal Cari, give her the stength and courage to endure the radiation and chemo that lie ahead. I pray that You will help her carry this heavy cross so that she can continue to be the mother, wife, friend and daughter she has been. You don’t want me to despair Lord, but to put my faith and trust in you. That is what I am doing, but not without asking You to please show mercy. Know that I not only trust in Your will but also in your never-ending mercy.

I ask each of you to pray as hard as you can for Cari. Lift her up. Ask God to place His healing hands upon her and show His never-ending mercy. Ask Him to pull the bad cells right out of her head. Envision it. Believe in His power to do this. Please ask Him for this, and don’t ever give up. We must always be hopeful, and wait for God to show us the way.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger LH said...

I am so GLAD about this update. YES!!!!!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Angi said...

OMG! I am in shock. First BC and now this. I wish you the best. Stay positive and strong!

Also, YOU got a blog award! Check out my blog for info:
Cancer is NOT a DEATH sentence!
http://scrapaddictnv2.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL,I'm glad it's not the wine!
Hey,isn't wine healthy now? I think it is,chugalug!;p
I'm sorry you're in pain.
If I had a magic machine I'd..
well,I'd do a lot of things:)
Lael (Carolyn's Friend)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger C said...

I am so glad to hear it is not the wine! Would hate for you to have to give that up; a glass of wine at the end of the day is definitely one of life's simple pleasures : ) You may know this already, but I was excited to find some organic wines at our local store. Now there is yet another reason to enjoy that glass of wine!

Thinking of you and praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home