UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mastectomy Effects

I sometimes wonder how my kids will be affected in the long run by all this cancer stuff. Ella's so young, I doubt she'll remember anything. Max, oh, who knows..how much do you remember from when you were 3 years old? Now Cameron....now being 7...my encounter with breast cancer will certainly remain in his schema more than either of his siblings.
Yesterday, after getting a shower, he decided, for some insane reason, to put on my swimsuit (the one that contained my swim forms...better known as my fake swimming boobs).

"Look at me mom! I have big boobs!"

Oh my.

"Mom, why do girls have shirts with these puffy things in them?"

It was then that I realized that he thought that all girls' breasts were actually built into their clothes...not actually a part of their bodies.

Which led me to then think about his future.

He'll be making out with some girl and suddenly she'll hear him say, "Hey, how come your boobs don't come off?"

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Just wait until after your reconstruction. Then he'll be even more confused.
Cute swimsuit, btw. Not on Cameron of course.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So which was weirder, talking about cameron and boobs...or actually admitting that Cameron will be making out with someone. that kinda weirded me out.

-scott

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger momo said...

too cute, he makes me smile just looking at his smile.

boys. they figure it out eventually. :-)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Well at least you will raise a very aware boy.

I love your sense of humour.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Caro said...

If boobs came off, men would be stealing them all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home