UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It just won't go away.

As you read the following sentence, try to say it with a slight mumble and extended whine, without pausing: "Mommy, my arm hurts and my other arm hurts and my elbow hurts and my leg hurts and my other leg hurts and my foot hurts and my forehead hurts and my throat hurts and my finger hurts and my stomach hurts and my belly hurts."

Max is sick. His underarm temp was up to 103 today.


Ella caught it as well, but thankfully she can't express every single ache and pain. Her temp was up to 102. Her favorite phrase of the day, "I don't wanna medicine!"


And mine was at 101.3. I managed to get enough drugs in me so I could get myself out the door and drive to radiation. Thankfully Sara was here so I could come home and crash for 3 hours.


Cameron was finally okay and back at school today.


When will this virus end?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Cari. Tamiflu worked great for the boys here- have they tried that with the kiddos? I wish I could have taken it too.
Can they do radiation when you are ill? Wish I was there to help.
Love, L

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Sounds like it's time to fumigate the house!
Seriously though, hang in there. Hope you are ALL feeling better soon.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

august had the flu as well. it was heartbreaking to see him so lethargic. sounds like it's par for the course for your kids though! ;)

tell max what dad would always tell us. "your arm hurts? how about i punch you in the leg and then you'll forget about the pain in your arm?"
-s

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, is a food delivery needed....or anything else needed?

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Awww, feel better soon. Maybe some fresh air (albeit freezing fresh air) will do the kids some good and help to rid your house of the virus that seems to like it there. I don't know if that will help or not--just a thought. :~P

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it will end as soon as you get your kids away from each other...so they don't keep passing it to each other.
Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home