UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Don't make me take my clothes off!


My Ella. Oh my little Ella.

That little girl gets quite bored in her crib when we don't retrieve her as soon as she demands it. So she finds other things to do....like strip. This usually includes removing a zip-up sleeper, a onsies that snaps at the bottom, and her diaper.

Sometimes it's at night when I first put her to bed but she's decided she's not ready for sleep yet; and other times it's when she just wakes up in the morning, and her cries are being ignored.

Yesterday her striptease included removing a poopy diaper, which apparently got everywhere! Thankfully I was napping during this event, and my husband had to deal with that mess. (he he he he).
-----------------
On a different note, remember how I said Ella was sick 2 weekends ago, and Max was sick last weekend? Well, guess who vomited this weekend? That's right, Cameron. He threw up in my friends car...sorry Katie!
I must say, I've done a good job of avoiding all the nasty messes this weekend!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I have had four kiddos (but really, can't count on Sean quite yet) and we have yet to have the poopy diaper smear.

Please, oh please let me miss that phase.

Deckie just yells from his crib (which he may be doing now as the tv is a bit too loud) Mommmy or Daddy in a very clear, loud voice - no crying, no whimpers and no poop smears!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Well, as we know, NyCee likes to follow in Ella's footsteps. This is one posting that I will NOT be sharing with her so that she doesn't get any ideas. HA! HA!

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY! Cari, my twin granddaughters are doing the exact same thing! I went to get them out of their cribs Sat. a.m. and they were both stripped down to the diaper. But they usually take the diaper off too and Kelli has also had a poopie mess to clean up!! NOT FUN! I bought large safety pins to pin the zippers down on the sleepers so maybe that will help. They certainly don't like having clothes on. I just had to respond to your blog. I enjoy reading your blog. Take care,

Pat Harry

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

And at 3 AM last night, I heard her screaming. Into her room I went, to catch her in the act of taking off her diaper. I then had to get her bundled up again, then rock her. When I put her back in her crib, she started screaming, so I feared she'd disrobe again, while also waking up her brothers. So I took her downstairs, gave her something to drink, let her watch 10 minutes of a show, then tried again. She still screamed. But she willingly went to sleep on the kids' foam couch in our bedroom. Ugh. I hope this is not a nightly ritual!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Felicity is also into taking her clothes off! Thankfully, she only does this during the day and in the morning! So far, we have avoided the clothing issue in her crib (with the exception of socks)!

Kennedy was throwing up this weekend! I guess it is making it's way around! I am waiting for the next culprit? Our friends who have 4 kids had it last week and the parents got it this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home