UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

My little princess

This is a daily occurence in our house:



Max wants to play princesses. But when I try to tell him that he's a prince, he gets really mad and yells, "No! I'm a princESS!"

I know I shouldn't be concerned. I know it's probably just a phase. I know it doesn't and shouldn't matter.

I know, I know, I know.

My friends always say to me, "What does your husband think about this?"

The other day he commented, "When Max's wife wakes up in the middle of the night and finds him wearing her dresses, it will be your fault."

My thought was, "Well, at least you think he's going to have a wife!"

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Caro said...

My son wanted one of those Boston Terrier purses for Christmas and I got it.

I don't know who spoiled it for him and told him boys don't carry purses, but it made me sad that he wouldn't play with it anymore.

I enjoy the innocence of it. It doesn't last nearly long enough.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Max- you make a very handsome princess!
I wouldn't worry until you find him putting on your makeup and lipstick too!

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably something as simple as how much you ooh and aah over Ella in her pretty dresses, and he wants to share in the attention. I am a middle child... we don't get nearly as much attention as the oldest.. or the baby

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name...I am the middle child.
Granny

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he just LIKES to wear dresses!! It's as simple as that.
Dana

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, oddly enough, i agree with dana. there isn't anything to "worry" about. and it's no one's "fault". it's an interest that is only deemed abstractly "right" or "wrong" based entirely on arbitrary social constructs. It's no different than saying he can't wear the color yellow because it's "wrong". max, you wear a princess dress, a construction outfit, or anything in between if you like it!

-uncle scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home